Chris Brown’s dancer just posted this explosive new Tweet on his Twitter account:

“Jay-Z is mad childish. Never keep a person from paying there respect.”

- @bshaw721

Hmm. Follow us on Twitter for live coverage!

157 Responses to “Is Jay-Z The Reason Chris Brown Was Unable To Perform at the BET Awards?”

1. Bubblez589 says:

I really am starting to despise this bastard. What the fuck is he supposed to be running?

Rihanna’s not even THERE!

2. becca says:

Hmmm… i still think he could close the show with the Game to do better on the other side. It really just wouldnt be right if he doesnt perform :(

3. Lady T says:

IF THAT IS TRUE….I SAY FUCK JAYZ N BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMB ASS FUCKS!!!!!!!(BUT I HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE)

4. Alex says:

Regardless of what chris did. It Is clear that he is an awesome performer, anytime he got a cahnce he would do an MJ song. It wouldve been great for him to do a tribute, that’s just a way thy he pays respect, mj was chris’ inspiration & I think all chris would want to do is prefom for MJ. It’s a shame people can’t see chris’ talent. He wouldve been perfect for the tribute and everyone knows it!

5. Bubblez589 says:

@ Jay;

Then why the fuck is that JACKSON FAMILY mad as hell that Chris isn’t performing? They ASKED for him to do a tribute.

Don’t even come on here dogging Chris right now. I’m angry as he’ll right now.

6. Princess says:

CB isnt performing for real? BET is so wrong for this whack ass show. MJ DIED and this is all they can give to a man that gave us 40 years of perfect music

• L.A says:

i dnt even knw….. GOD knws am so deceivd by this show dey did. only d end was ok. but it wasnt wat i expected at all.

7. daneille says:

ohh shut the fuck up…

8. taymorel says:

I hope Chris performs. That is the main reason I have stayed up to watch this. I should;ve just TIVOed, so I could fast forward all these whack performances. Ne-yo has been the 1 bright spot in the show.

9. jazz says:

jay is a punk

10. Kimi says:

That's just downright STUPID. This fool better watch out. You know, before Michaels' death, everyone was calling him a child molester or whatever, now that he's dead all that is forgotten? So he went through the same shit Chris Brown's going through. Now here we have MR. "JAYZ" thinking he owns the damn world and can shut anyone he wants down? This is just WRONG and STUPID. An artists personal life shouldn't even come near their music and talent. This is just ridiculous.

11. vannilee says:

BET IS SO BITCHY FOR THIS AND UP UNTIL NOW I DON'T EVEN SEE ANY GOOD TRIBUTE TO MJ..SUUUUUUUUUCKS TO HELL WITH THEM BREEZY WILL KILL IT IN HIS MUSIC

12. chloe says:

chris u suck anyway and u bitches dat support dat nigga r sum dumb ass bitches

13. Princess says:

-smh- this is such a sad tribute . . . CB would've MADE this show and I know he would've put his all into a routine for MJ. These half-assed, lackluster performances are NOT worthy of being a tribute to the King. Are you effing kidding me?

14. E-DUB98 says:

Well ain’t this some shit…I don’t even know what to say to this…disrespect Jay, disrespect…

15. vannilee says:

MY HEART HURTS ABOUT THIS ..BET SUUUUCKS FOR PLAYING BREEZY FANS LIKE THIS

16. 123456 says:

how could u be so ignorant I hope you go through something where your treated the same then you’ll learn to fforgive and forget look past what you do not know personally. just because rihanna was your little tail doesn’t mean you can push all this shit on chris. I know this is linked an idiot can figure it out. chris woulda made this show, your stiff performance had no influence on me at all don’t think your the superior in this cuz u just lost a majority of fans too don’t worry. so keep doing your shit up personally I don’t care. were here to celebrate a man of character who clearly couldve taught u something. no disrespect but tht was way to much out of line.

17. patlopez2003 says:

Hold up Where doJ ay Z has room to talk about showing women repect and keeping Chris from performaning when he was all on the internet hitting a woman and no one stop him, please now who is he to talk, Chris Brown may not be here tonight on the Bet Award. But he will be back. I will never buy anything dealing with Jay Z

18. jazz says:

jay-z is a punk a** b**** and he's an idiot. How the hell can you stop somebody's tribute that your giving to somebodyelse. It's all right because Jay's true colors are going to show every body including Beyonce is going to see it. I hated Jay before but now he's nothing to me he was never anything and will never be nothing. He's a worthless individual and he can kiss me and CB's a**.

19. toni says:

wow, jay-z shouldnt have preformed himself! he sucks ass!!! i hate him!!!!!

20. Tempestt says:

JAY-Z IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN A FUCK BOY, ESPECIALLY BY WHAT HE DID 2NITE. ONLY REASON HE GOT MAD BOUT TE WHOLE SITUATION WITH CHRIS AND RIHANNA STANK ASS IS BECAUSE, HE USED 2 BONE RIHANNA HOE-ISH ASS. WHY THE FUCK YOU THINK BEYONCE DIDN'T LIKE DA BITCH? OHHHH, I AM SO FUCKIN MAD BECAUSE CHRIS COULDN'T GET 2 PERFORM. FUCK JAY-Z OL PUSSY ASS NIGGAH. YEA, I SAID IT BITCH!!!!

21. Kali says:

FUCK JAY-Z

22. JAY Yochim says:

its funny how chris brown… WILL NOT show his face yet…. i think he knows better then to show his face. THE BOOS would be really bad

23. Abby luvs CB says:

HATERS I AM TYPING IN ENGLISH SUMTHIN YALL CNT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND! GO AWAY WE DNT WANT U HERE GO AWAY!!! BUT WHAT I’M STARTIN TO FIGURE OUT IS THAT YALL R BIG FANS BECUZ IF U AINT KNO THIS A FANSITE!!! SO PLEAZ HATERS THIS AINT TMZ SO U CAN STEP.

24. TANYA says:

what thats not fair i was looking all day 2day 2 see what channel the bet awards was going 2 go on and i found it 4 no reason!! ahhh i hate j-z now uhhhh i was looking up 2 this so much!!:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

25. Bubblez589 says:

@ hmmmm;

And don’t forget we had Jaime Waco-ass foxx calling MJ black when he had a hit song out making fun of his color.

And that shit about “chris’s baby was kicking me”? That was fuckin unessecary.

26. Catalina says:

to SMH:
    Don’t fucking dare tell people to choose an artist who “doesn’t beat people” Just like Michael had effect on many, you don’t know the effect his music may have on those who listen to him. You’re ignorant for that. Get over yourself.

And to the CB fans, keep your head up and keep supporting him. It seems hard to these days when society seems to agree with the media and shun people who are simply human.

27. smh says:

Damn reading these comments are sad as hell, some girls/women are so pathetic now a days. Talking about forgive, oh please. And as far as CB what does he bring to Music??? That other artist dont do?? Nothing. Go find a artist to like that doesn't beat on people.

28. TRACIE says:

THE BET AWARDS WAS BORING. NOT JUST BECAUSE CHRIS WASN'T THERE, BUT BECAUSE IT JUST SEEMED THROWN TOGETHER. JAMIE WASN'T FUNNY OR ELOQUENT IN ANY WAY. I DON'T SEE WHERE MJ WAS REALLY HONORED AND WHAT WAS THAT SH*T BEYONCE DID? WACK!!! FAIL!! I'M ACTUALLY GLAD CHRIS WASN'T A PART BECAUSE IT WAS LAME. HE WILL GET HIS CHANCE TO SHOW RESPECT IN A MUCH MORE MEANINGFUL WAY SOON ENOUGH. THIS WAS THE MOST BORING AWARD SHOW YET!

29. hmmmm says:

eff this . . . like some other people said Don C beat his wife, they got bobby brown performing, T.I winning, and the person poor MJ was under speculation for about 15 years . . . .

30. Fredd says:

I want these 4 hours of my life back.
    I was up til 5:46 am for this? this?

fuck BET with a long dick.

31. Mercedes says:

I am fucking disgusted! If this is true, I have lost all respect for Jay-Z. How DARE he keep someone from paying their respects to Michael? He came on fucking stage singing fucking Death of Autotune, didn't even have the audacity to tribute anything to him. He's disgusting. The whole world doesn't revolve around Jay-Z. He needs to go back and retire again. Over fucking Rihanna??! Get serious. Michael is AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST. And for some piece of shit like that to keep Michael from getting a GREAT tribute from Chris, is sick. Fuck you Jay Z!

32. lola says:

what did jamie foxx say about CB????

33. jay says:

hahaha i knew it hahahah fuck cb fans his ass is so done rihanna is the princess her connect is stronger than cb's you would think since he been doing this he would get his connect game up but no his dumb ass did not . hahahaah yall so damn salty lmfao

• brianna says:

fuck u u stupid dumb ass bitch. rihanna's a whore with no talent…………she can date that loser drake. chris is the biggest star out here thats y u have to hate on him and google his name.he is the next mj and u will c it. thats y the bet awards sucked……..fuck u and get a life.

• daneille says:

you sound like a dumbass.. "her connect is stronger" wtf is that..

• YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE says:

YEA WE KNOW U DUMB AS HELL JAY THE ONLY PRINCESS IN THE THE MUSIC INDUSTRY IS CIARA…………..FUCK RIHANNA FUCH RIHANNA GO BACK TO BARBADOES OR WHATEVER FUCK RIHANNA

34. love him says:

What I don't understand is why all of these people who are domestic violence advocates don't have the same hatred for Rihanna that you have for Chris. She's the one who beat her brother over the head with a glass bottle (which sounds almost like attempted murder to me) and she hit Chris first in that car. The double standard is so unfair, and Jay-Z is such a hypocrite. Don Cornelious just recently(like in the last couple of months) beat his wife, Bobby Brown was accused of beating Whitney and Jaz-Z is on video slapping a woman and Chris is the only one that keeps having to pay for his mistake when she's the one who's violent, not him. It's just so unfair.
    '

35. NINA says:

MANNN DUTTT SUCKZZZ I CANTT BELEIVE CHRIS BROWN DID NOT PERFORMM N THEY LEY NE-YO DO ALL DAA SINGIIN WICH HE IS NOT REALLY DUTTT GOOD GRRRR AMMM SOOOO PISSSSS OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[THE BET WUZZZ SO BORIIINNN N AM SOO DISSAPOINTED.

36. Helk says:

Jay z was already in talks to perform before chris was even in the picture. It wasnt even confirmed that chris was going to perform, it was just mere talks, no action. DOnt blaim Jayz for giving a great performance. Everyone payed homage to Michael Jackson, and just becuz chris wasnt able to shouldnt be a big deal,.he will have his day..

37. NINA says:

AM SOO FUKIINNN ANGRIIII !!!

38. love him says:

Helk:
    It wasn't just talk that Chris was going to perform. It was on the BET website. The show was not good at all.

39. NINA says:

N I WACHED THE BET BCAUZE I TOUGHT CHRIS WUZ GANNA PERFORM [N HE DID NOT EVEN DO DAT MANNN AMM SOOO MADDD RIGHTTTT NOW]

40. honestly says:

WHy would anyone even trust someone from Chris's camp…they asses been ratting him out since that shit with rihanna and showed what kind of friends they are. For all we no, chris could have called off the performance. yall quick as hell to jump on someone when you dont even no anything but some weak shit from a so called dancer of chris's. THis shit has no evidence backing it up and for all we no chris could be behind this. I wouldnt beleive anyone but chris himself, concedering that in the past , chris's "Friends" have been screwing him over from the JUMP!!!!

41. lola says:

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT JAMIE FOXX SAID ABOUT CB????????

42. L.A says:

OMG!!!!! dnt tel me dis bastard got away wit it??? if dis is true, God knws dat fool of a jay-z wil pay 4 it. how imature is dat???? how doz he feel, did it mak him any beter??? WAT D FUCK????????
    d show was wack, and honestly i expectd way mor dan dat. only d end was gud or okay, for dat mater. i realy tought u honor such a talented king beter dan wat dey did. but i wil tak it dat it was jst unexpectd and too quick. but dey suck 4 nt letin chris do a tribute jst bcoz of an iliterate lik jayz. fuck dis shit.
    but GOD who is in control of everytin, is goin to pull chris out and mak him shine, coz its d sam GOD dat gave him al dat talent. dis is jst wickedness. and at d end of it al, rihanna ddnt even show up.
    All i knw is, whether Jayz (or who so ever), dnt want or want chris to do his tribute, CHRIS WIL STIL DO HIS OWN TRIBUTE TO MICHAEL, WHICH I KNW WIL EVEN B BETER DAN ALL DAT DEY JST DID. COZ WE ALL KNW DAT CHRIS IS D ONE PERSON DAT DDNT WAIT 4 MICHAEL TO DIE B4 GIVIN HIM D RESPECT ND HONOR HE DSERVS, COZ HE IS A TRU FAN. SO I BLIEV DAT, NOW MOR DAN EVER, CHRIS IS GOIN TO CARRY MICHEAL'S NAME AND LEGACY UP, AND HIS AT D SAME TIME.
    so jay or watever u call urself, hate as much as u want it, but chris is chris, and wil always b. LUV U CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. Tonio says:

Jay-Z did a great performance. What a laugh!!!! I don't see why yall is so upset about him not performing. BET's tribute was horrible!!!! I'll say Ne-Yo, Jamie Foxx, and Ciara did the good tribute. To say they had the late MJ's interests was a slap to his memory. Not only is Chris is lil' MJ but Michael was fond of him and his family requested him to perform. So BET sucked at the tribute to the man who paid them millions and supported them. People need to get thier egos and stupidity aside and take note of who Michael was/is and what he meant to everybody. MTV will do sumthin better.

44. tonya says:

Please……it isnt jayz fault, he was already going to perform, chris was in talks and for all we no.like that person said, chris could have had been the one that didnt show up. BET did an awesome job at paying tribute to the king michael jackson, and just becuz the show lacked chris brown, it was an awesome tribute and michael would be honored!!!!

45. nina says:

but i do wanna know wut really happen [the truth!] why did chris brown not perform ? [and we all know he wanted it sooo much mann ! =[somthing is behind all this]

46. IISL says:

OMG..BIG DEAL, THERE WERE TALKS THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE WERE SOPOSTA BE THERE FOR THE TRIBUTE INCLUDING USHER AND SOME OTHER PPL. EVERYONE WANTS TO PAY TRIBUTE TO MJ, BUT THE SHOW CAN ONLY BE SO LONG..THIS ISNT THE ONLY TIME WHERE PPL CAN PAY THEIR RESPECTS…GIVE IT A BREAK,,,,THIS ISNT BREAKING NEWS, STOP WHINING, CHRIS COULD HAVE SAID HE WASNT ABLE TO DO IT, SO CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!

47. Chelleee says:

damn, i was hella looking forward to seeing chris perform! ugh
    but is it me or are the haters back?!

48. aniya says:

This show was so fucking shitty. Beyonce couldn't even save the show! I'm officially banning BET from my cable box…

49. C.j. says:

It was!
    Even though the show had a limited amount of time, the coulda substituted somebody elses performance for Chris, like Lil' Waynes performance, it sucked!
    That coulda been a slot for CB! Dang.

50. Ambrosia says:

That's a shame. A real shame.

That was probably the only time I've watched BET in the last few months, and I wasted 3-4 hours and ended up getting pissed because everyone sounded downright terrible.

That's some immature shit, the reason why he wasn't able to perform. Like dude said, NO one should be held back from paying their respects or giving a tribute. Especially to MJ.